Saturday, May 24, 2008

sheryl crow...

today sheryl crow has no idea who i am. shocking, right? well at about 9:10 last night she did.


erin and i were lying in bed talking about the concert last night and it hit me. for a brief moment in time... maybe just seconds, sheryl crow knew who i was, what i looked like, and what i did for a living. kind of fun. i've had some cool opportunities lately that have put me in contact with some fame. people who would never remember me nor care after the show (or during the show for that matter) but during those 3 songs i was on their radar. does this sound psycho? sorry, i think it's cool.

anyway, i've got to write a review of the show and am using my blog to prep. overall it was a great show. she is a far better singer than i would have imagined and her stage presence was really second to none. as a former stage lighting tech, i appreciate the lighting more than most but hers was truly impressive. only downside for me.... wait there were a few. we got there at 7 being told she started at 7:30 only to find out she went on at 9 and had an opening act. what's worse? her opening act was shawn mullins. what? spent $10 on a snickers and 1 piece of pizza then almost got into a fight trying to break up a fight between a disgruntled middle aged man and a few young women. seriously the man was going to fight the women. then he wanted to fight me for stepping in. crazy thing was most people were on his side! go birmingham. anyway, we stayed the whole show which really was great and left looking over my shoulder in the dark parking lot. all in all an eventful trip. here's the pics.




this was actually the first song... "God Bless This Mess" which was really good. when you only get three songs and the first one has the lighting of my closet, you get a little antsy... but i really like the feel of this one.

2 comments:

Hershbine Family said...

this is so cool!! I would have loved to do this... if you ever need an assistant...
How was shawn mullins? you did not say anything about him. but, from the sounds of it, you do not care for him. I kinda like him and am curious how that was.
also, on another note... it took me a minute to figure out but ancy is not a word but antsy is. ha ha!

Meggs said...

Dude...Sheryl Crow don't know who you are! Just kidding. That is a cool thought. I never think about things like that. I've desensatized myself from thoughts like that I guess - probably not the best thing.